Training Human Resources online is now easier than ever. This article will let you know about the best online HR Courses with details like duration pricing etc:
A Human Resources manager is the one responsible for the management of the workforce of a business enterprise. He takes control of the hiring, onboarding, retention, compensation, maintaining employee relations, training, and development of the employees and the things alike.
In the world of digitalization and cutthroat competition, it is necessary for the companies to hire the best available talents, work on uplifting their skills and managing their performance, give them the best possible company culture and other benefits.
All this is possible with the help of a Human Resources specialist. Hence, the demand for a trained Human Resources specialist has increased several times in the past years.
Apart from this, many institutions have now come up with training courses in Human Resources. Some of the courses are short-term certificate courses, while others, like proper graduate degree programs, last for a longer duration.
Online HR Courses Review
The demand for short-term HR courses online is very high, the reason being the situations that have aroused due to the pandemic and flexibility in the learning process that these online courses offer.
In this article, we have listed some of the best Human Resource training courses. You can also find some free HR courses online from the list.
Expert Advice: You should always get your HR certification from a globally renowned institution. And, you should also look for the areas covered in the course. A course that covers the maximum areas of an HR field would be the best one.
Market Trends: As per a report by Grand View Research, the global HR analytics market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 14.2% from the year 2020 to 2027. The report further states that Workforce Planning and Payroll & Compensation are the highest demanded solutions, followed by recruitment, retention, and more.
Q #1) What training is needed for HR?
Answer: There are several courses offered by institutions from all over the world, that are considered as well Human Resources training courses.
These courses are in the form of certification courses, which are usually of short duration, or Graduate courses, which take a longer period of time to complete, but give you A-Z knowledge of the field, and then there are some Associate courses also, which run for a shorter duration of time, than the Graduate programs.
All of these can be highly beneficial if done for a reputed institution.
Q #2) Is HR a good career?
Answer: For several years, the demand for HR professionals is constantly increasing. Plus, the pay scale is also nice in the HR field. Thus, HR can be considered a good career.
Q #3) Is HR a stressful job?
Answer: Yes, HR can be a stressful job, as an HR manager handles some crucial, and at the same time, complex tasks, including finding the best talents for the company, maintaining good company culture, working on the training and development of the employees, making strategies on how to retain the good employees, working on employee benefits, payrolls and other tasks.
But once you learn how to handle each of your tasks and how to maintain relations, you will feel less stressed.
Q #4) What are the best online courses for HR?
Answer: Some of the best online courses include:
- Human Resource Management: HR for People Managers – offered by Coursera
- Administrative Human Resources (HR) for beginners – offered by Udemy
- Online certification courses offered by HRCI
- Online certification courses offered by SHRM
- Diploma in HR course offered by Alison
All of these courses are set for a short duration of time and are offered by renowned educational organizations.
Q #5) How do I become HR certified?
Answer: If you are a beginner, you can opt for various courses that are meant for beginners only. They give the basic knowledge about the different roles of an HR.
If you are an HR aspirant, you can opt for a Graduate or an Associate degree program in Human Resources.
If you are an experienced HR professional, then you should opt for an online certification program that can be completed at your own pace.
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
List Of The Top HR Courses Online
Here is a list of popular Human Resource training courses online:
- Administrative Human Resources (HR) for beginners
- Human Resource Management: HR for People Managers
- SHRM Certification
- Diploma in HR
- Preparing to manage Human Resources
- Free HR Course
- eCornell Human Resources Management Certificate
- World-Class HR: 21st Century Talent Management
- Human Capital Institute
- Wharton Online HR Management and Analytics
#1) Administrative Human Resources (HR) for Beginners
Administrative Human Resources (HR) for Beginners – Best for absolute beginners in the HR field.
Udemy offers an Administrative Human Resources (HR) course, which is meant for beginners.
The course aims at teaching the HR aspirants about HR roles, recruitment, writing interview questions, performance management, and much more.
- The course includes 3 articles and a video, which is available on demand.
- They provide downloadable learning resources.
- You can access the resources anytime you want
- You get a certificate on completion of the course.
Duration: The course is divided into 3 sections. You have to attend 11 lectures of 1 hour and 10 minutes total length. They also provide 3 learning materials and you have to undergo review questions and a final exam at the end. There is no time limit to complete the course.
Eligibility: No prior experience or degree is required to enroll in the course.
Exam Details: You have to give one final exam at the end.
#2) Human Resource Management: HR for People Managers
Best for flexible learning method.
The HR for People Managers course offered by Coursera aims at making you more efficient in making strategies and developing your hiring, performance management, and other HR skills.
- Enrollment is free.
- Financial aid is available.
- Helps you uplift your skills for the process of interviewing, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, resource management, performance appraisal, and much more.
- The mode of instruction is English. You can get subtitles in English, Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, Korean, German, Russian, and Spanish.
Duration: 6 months (if continued at a pace of 4 hours per week).
Eligibility: No college experience or work experience is required for enrollment.
Type: 100% online
Exam Details: There are 4 specialization courses involved in this course. You need to complete a hands-on project for each specialization course, in order to get the certificate.
Price: There is a free trial for 7 days. Then pay $49 per month for as long as the course lasts.
Best for highly reputed certifications.
Their global certifications help you learn practical knowledge about HR roles and stand out as an expert in your field.
- Eight courses to choose from.
- They offer courses for beginners, American HR professionals, global HR professionals.
- They provide preparation resources for the HR certification exams.
- Comparatively affordable fees.
Duration: They provide you with learning materials. You can complete the course at your own pace and give the exam when you want.
Eligibility: They do not ask for any experience or degree in the courses for beginners. But if you opt for a PHR or SPHR course, you must have a Graduate or Master’s degree in HR, and experience as an HR professional is also required.
Exam Details: The exam is usually for 2-3 hours of duration. Answer questions, most of them are multiple-choice. Plus, you also need to answer some pretest questions. The exams are conducted online at a testing center near you, or at your home, or at your office, using Online Proctoring.
- $100 Application fee (for each exam) +
- $300 – $500 Exam fee
#4) SHRM Certification
Best for HR professionals.
An SHRM certification is known to have great value. They provide two certifications for the professionals in the HR field, which are SHRM-CP (Certified Professional) and SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional).
These credentials are for HR professionals and not for beginners. You should check for the eligibility criteria before applying.
- They provide self-study material, or you can opt for an instructor-led course, or register for the webinars, or opt for a training program for your team.
- Aims at making you more of a strategic and effective HR professional.
- You can attend the lectures whenever you want.
- Highly reputed certification.
Duration: You can complete the course at your own pace.
Eligibility: You have to meet up with the eligibility criteria according to the following rules:
Exam Details: They provide sample questions so that you can get an idea about the main exam. The exam is conducted online.
Price: Standard exam fee is $475. And, the application processing fee is $50.
#5) Diploma in HR
Best for being a free HR certification.
The diploma in HR course offered by Alison is one of the best free HR courses online. It aims at empowering the workforce by teaching them about hiring, training, and other HR roles.
Having 226,206 students enrolled from around the world itself tells how popular and trusted their name is.
- No fees.
- Online course.
- Completes in a short duration of time.
- The course contains 8 modules, covering the whole process of HR management.
Duration: 10-15 hours.
Eligibility: No prior experience or degree is required for enrollment.
Exam Details: You need to achieve at least 80% marks in each assessment.
Price: There is no fee for completing the course. But you need to pay some price for getting the certificate in the end.
#6) Preparing to manage Human Resources
Best for offering a highly beneficial course that can be completed at your own pace.
Coursera has become a leading name when it comes to online training programs. Preparing to manage Human Resources is a highly beneficial Human Resource training course offered by Coursera.
They claim that 20% of its learners have got a considerable amount of career benefits with the help of this certification course and 11% of them even got a pay increase or a promotion.
- Financial aid is available.
- The course is available in English. You can get the subtitles of the tutorials in Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, Korean, German, Russian, English, Spanish.
- The course is offered by the University of Minnesota.
- Complete at your own pace.
Duration: The full course takes approximately 18 hours to complete. You can complete it at your own pace.
Eligibility: No requirements.
Exam Details: There will be an assessment at the end of the course. The assessments are usually in the form of multiple-choice questions and a hands-on project.
Price: There is a free trial for 7 days. Then you have to pay $49 per month as fees.
#7) Free HR Course
Best for being a free HR course for beginners.
The free HR course offered by Oxford Home Study Centre is designed for HR aspirants. You can enroll in the course anytime you want.
The course covers three main topics:
- Introduction to HR Management.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Staff Training and development.
- It’s a short course that takes a total of only 20 hours to complete.
- Anyone can enroll in the course.
- No fees.
- Fully online instructions.
Duration: 20 hours
Eligibility: No requirements are there for entry into the course.
Exam Details: Information available on request.
Website: Oxford Home Study Centre
#8) eCornell Human Resources Management Certificate
Best for being a reputed HR certification for beginners as well as experienced professionals.
The Human Resources Management Certificate is a program of 9 courses, which can be completed in a span of 4.5 months. It is one of the most trusted Human Resource training courses out there. The topics covered in the course include employee relations, performance management, training and development, and more.
- 100% online instructions.
- The program includes 9 courses.
- One course takes 2 weeks to complete.
- Suitable for entry-level as well as experienced HR professionals.
Duration: 4.5 months
Eligibility: No prior experience is required.
Type: Online, instructor-led learning.
Exam Details: Exam details are available on request.
#9) World-Class HR: 21st Century Talent Management
Best for HR managers as well as small business owners.
World-Class HR: 21st Century Talent Management is an HR training course offered by Udemy.
The course focuses mainly on talent acquisition, performance management, employee retention, and more.
- The course is available in the English language. You can get the subtitles in German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- The course contains a video of 2 hours, which is available on-demand, and 5 downloadable resources which can be accessed anytime, from your mobile or TV.
- The course is suitable for HR managers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, and Learning and Development professionals.
- The course runs 100% online.
Duration: The total length of the course is 3 hours and 6 minutes. You can cover it at your own pace.
Eligibility: No requirements.
Exam Details: You have to give an exam at the completion of the course.
#10) Human Capital Institute
Best for HR aspirants, newcomers, as well as experienced personnel.
Human Capital Institute is a renowned institute that offers HR courses online. They aim to give you practical knowledge about HR roles. You can choose the course according to your level of expertise and field of specialization.
- A number of online HR courses are available.
- Suitable for beginners as well as experienced professionals.
- Aims at upgrading your skills for tackling real-world situations.
- Courses offered are of short duration.
Duration: The duration of Virtual certification programs ranges from 1.5 to 2 months. The in-person programs last for around 3 months.
Eligibility: No requirements.
Type: Online, as well as in-person instructions, are available. You can choose anyone. In-person classes are temporarily closed.
Exam Details: You have to score a minimum of 80% marks in an exam conducted at the end of each course.
Price: The fee is $1,995 for each course, except for Strategic HR Business Partner Certification course. For this one, the fee is $2,795.
Website: Human Capital Institute
#11) Wharton Online HR Management and Analytics
Best for experienced HR professionals.
The online HR Management and Analytics program offered by Wharton Aresty Institute of Executive Education, University of Pennsylvania, is one of the best online HR courses.
It is a two-month certificate program that is suitable for experienced HR professionals, small business owners, and performance management professionals.
- Suitable for HR experts, business heads, small business owners, etc.
- Completes in a short duration of time, that is, 2 months if you give 4-6 hours per week to the course.
- The program is offered in English, simplified Chinese, and Spanish.
- Learning based on real-world examples.
Duration: 2 months
Eligibility: No requirements.
Exam Details: Contact directly for the information.
Human Resources seems to be a promising career, as the demand for various HR-related roles is increasing with time. Hence, we can see a considerable increase in the demand for Human Resource training courses.
There are several online HR courses offered by globally renowned institutes and give high value to your profile as well as uplift your HR skills. Short-term online HR training courses are very popular nowadays.
You can choose a course based on your specific requirements. There are several online HR courses, free HR courses online, and in-person training courses. Some are meant for beginners and some courses are designed for experienced HR professionals to suit a specific HR role.
It is even found in some studies that an HR certification has helped the individuals in either getting a paid appraisal or a promotion or something like that.