Master of Health Management McMaster. Regulated health care professionals gain new knowledge and hone skills required to compete for and succeed in management roles in a healthcare environment through this 32-month, part-time, or 12-month, full-time, course-based, online graduate degree in Health Management from McMaster University.
Master of Health Management McMaster Overview
This online course-based program in Health Management from McMaster University is a result of the partnership between the DeGroote School of Business and the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- It provides regulated health professionals with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to excel as a middle or senior manager within both the public and private spheres of Canada’s healthcare sector.
- Although it is an online program, there are two on-site residencies lasting 3 days where students will meet their colleagues and faculty alike.
Master of Health Management Programme Structure
- Economic Evaluation in Healthcare
- Strategic Writing for Healthcare Professional
- Knowledge Translation in Healthcare Practice and Management
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Health Management Independent Experiential Study
- Health Systems and Policy Analysis
McMaster Health Management Admission Requirements
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 92
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
McMaster Health Management Tuition Fee
for students from Canada is 3,888 USD/year.
Master of Health Management Program (MHM)
This interprofessional graduate program features distinct perspectives and experiences, adding insight and breadth to your learning.
- Mode: Online, course-based with two 3-day onsite residencies
- Audience: Regulated healthcare professionals with leadership experience
- Duration: 32 months (part-time) & 12 months (full-time)
- Benefit: Gain knowledge and skills to move into and excel in health management roles
- Fact: 76% received a promotion while completing the program or within 1 year of graduating
The Master of Health Management program is targeted towards regulated health care professionals in Canada or internationally. The program is offered for part-time and full-time enrolment. Courses are delivered on-line with two short residency periods. The part-time stream is completed in 32 months and the full-time stream is completed in 12 months.
If you are a regulated health professional who wishes to:
- Pursue graduate level education to further your career progression
- Gain a broader understanding of the Canadian health care policy development and service delivery environment
- Obtain core management knowledge and skills
- Minimize interruption to your career progression
McMaster’s Master of Health Management (MHM) program is for you.